Monday, October 30, 2006

A Conversation with God

Jennifer is out running errands today and the older girls are at school. The babies are asleep so I have some time to sit and think about this whole adventure. So I stopped, and I prayed and this is kinda how it went


Me: God, are you calling us to adopt again?

God: You already know the answer to that Patrick. - I clearly tell you in James 1:27 that “Religion that is pure and undefiled before (me), is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.


Me: Yeah. But I don’t know how we are going to do it?

God: Remember 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Me:
Yeah. But people are going to say that we are foolish for doing this?

God: But (I)chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise (Patrick); (I) chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; It’s good that you are weak and foolish, so now I will show Myself strong and powerful and wise. 1 Corinthians 1:27

Me: Yeah. But it costs 20,000 to adopt a kid.

God: You are right, so I want you to adopt 3 kids, which will be about 26k. Have you not read Psalm 50:10 - For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.

Me: Yeah.


And then for a moment, I felt like Mary - “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” - Luke 1:38


God is calling us to adopt!

0 comments: