Sunday, October 22, 2006

Are You Crazy??

That was my first question to Jennifer when she came home from a Retreat and shared with me that she felt like God was leading us to adopt again...this time from Ethiopia. The very thought of adopting again was laughable on so many different levels. We have not completed our adoption of Ana, we didn't make enough money, our car wasn't big enough, our house wasn't big enough and our budget wasn't big enough. Not even to mention that the kids would speak a different language, come from a different culture, eat different foods and who knows what diseases they may have been exposed to! Why would I risk all of that and walk into the face of foolishness when my life was already challenging enough?

Jennifer simply said that she knew it was crazy, but she was praying. I responded, "Yeah, you better, because it would take an act of God to move me in that direction."

0 comments: