Monday, August 13, 2007

God is Good...All the Time

This has become our mantra. While we were in Addis our son Noah would sing this in a song over and over. Little did we know that we would be repeating this over and over in a different context. We have had an extremely hard time with Noah. When we first picked him up he seemed to be the most spiritual and grateful, but his attitude quickly changed. He has run away twice already and we have had several confrontations with him. He is a young man full of loss, anger and bitterness and this often manifests itself in absolute rage. I am hoping to post my journal as well as pics from the trip today, but we have been absolutely exhausted everyday since we returned and much of it is from trying to love and parent Noah.

Please be praying and remember...God is Good all the time!

3 comments:

keith said...

Father, I cannot begin to imagine what these boys have gone thru and what they find themselves in the midst of even now. I cannot imagine the great loss that they must feel - mother and father and home taken away - moved to a distant and strange land and culture. My heart aches for them. I ask that you, by your precious and all powerful Spirit, might comfort the boys, and espcially Noah. Father I pray that you would become his great peace, his rock, his comfort, his strength. I pray that you would take him under your wings, like a mother hen. I pray that he would hear your heart beat for him. I pray that he would know your great love as he has never known any love before, that he might be transformed by the truths that you will never leave nor forsake your child and that you have given him all that he needs for life and godlinessin Christ. Open his eyes that he might see you.
Father you have given all these things to Patrick and Jennifer already. You will lead them, you will grant them wisdom, and peace, and all the grace they need - you have promised it.
We rest tonight in you. May they also rest tonight in you.
That Christ might be greatly glorified, Amen.

Patrick - we love you guys. Wish you were here.

Amy said...

I second that prayer! We love you guys and are praying for your strength, wisdom and for guidanc during this transition. Life is tough, but God is good!

paddy1mac said...

Thanks guys...we greatly appreciate your prayers.

At first I thought it was because you were only concerned about us...then I realized you are more concerned about us dying from exhaustion thereby causing explosive growth to your own family ;p

Love ya!