Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Morning

I like to read. I like to read a lot. In the pas several months I have added multiple blogs to my reading list because it encourages me to see what our Lord is doing in other parts of the planet as well as exposing me to great thinkers, church planters, and men exercising their faith. My time around a blog also gives me a little snuggle time with my daughters - so on one screen I set pictures up for them to look at and on another I read and write. This morning I was reading and posting on one of my favorite blogs - Keith and Amy Watson - and decided to take a picture. Bri is wearing her extra special Barbie princess night gown and Ana is wearing her extra special Strawberry Shortcake nightgown. These two night gowns have probably been worn every night for the past few months. Matter of fact, Bri has told me that she cannot be my little princess unless she is wearing her princess gown.

Even as I am typing Bri and Ana have gone to watch Dora and now Ana has returned. "Dad, I wanna climb up." She then sees her picture on one of the monitors and wants to take another. Here is the picture that we have taken together. She is nodding her approval and saying, "It's Daddy and the Princess" - and she is most assuredly right. It is moments like these that remind me why I love children so much and why my home will never have "enough" little feet running here and there. Parenting is the greatest opportunity to disciple and I have become very comfortable knowing that the Lord may never do anything "great" with my life, but he may use one of my precious gems to change the world.

Number 3 (Caleb) has wandered in this morning and is all teeth at looking at pictures of his sisters on our blog. I tell him to look right here and he doesn't realize it but...*flash* he has now joined the post.

So good morning and go make a difference.

3 comments:

Dustin & Heidi Greenup said...

We are praying for you all and thankful for God's work in your life...though not easy. We leave in the morning!!!

paddy1mac said...

Thanks for praying! I hope you guys have a great time - make the most of every moment!!

Henry Yan said...

Last Sunday at church I visited Ana and Bri and Bri told me that Ana is a princess but she was a guard.