Thursday, December 21, 2006

What are We Doing!?!

For those of you who I have not talked to, this blog may be a little confusing so let me bring you up to speed.

Jennifer and I are pursuing three boys from an orphanage in Addis Abbaba. Two of them are brothers and one is a street orphan.

Zelalem(11) and Yosef(9) are brothers who are in the 5th and 3rd grade respectively and who know some English. Their father had died of HIV and their mother is dying.

Bamura (10) is a street orphan who has lost both parents and does not know where his siblings are located. He has been living on the streets for the past few years working as a day laborer by carrying luggage at the local bus station.

It has taken quite a bit of prayer and heart searching for us to arrive at this position. A great Korean Pastor that I once worked for told me that parenting is the best method of discipleship, so we are heeding that counsel. It is a dangerous and crazy journey but we are trusting the Lord to lead us as He has done in the past. Faithfulness to follow seems to be the tricky part ;)

I will be posting up some specific prayer requests soon. I am not able to post pictures of the boys up because of the hostilities between Muslim's and Christians in that area. Contact me for more info.

0 comments: