Friday, September 28, 2007

Jack Handy Makes me Smile


I was visiting Keith's blog today and he quoted Jack Handey. Instead of filling Keith's blog up with JH quotes I figured I would just throw out a couple here. I haven't thought about Jack in a very long time, but he always puts a smile on my face. Here are three of my favorites. C'mon, smile, it's good for you and me both!

1. If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

2. If you want to be the most popular person in your class, whenever the professor pauses in his lecture, just let out a big snort and say "How do you figger that!" real loud. Then lean back and sort of smirk.

3. Better not take a dog on the space shuttle, because if he sticks his head out when you're coming home his face might burn up.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Dude! My dad would tell me #1. I would ask, "Dad, why is is it raining?" He would respond by saying that God knew what I did and was upset with me... dang... I was still a naughty kid.

I would also ask him, "Dad, why is the moon only a sliver tonight?" He would respond by saying that God plays with scissors just like me (FYI... I loved cutting everything with scissors when I was a kid... carpet, the couch, my hair... basically whatever was handy).

paddy1mac said...

Too funny - maybe your Dad is really Jack?? :)